On The Rhoads

A Chronicle of Gabe and Lauren's Journey from Coast to Coast, and beyond...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle to New York, WA to NY, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

Taxation w/o Representation


Last night I returned from Washington DC. DC is an incredible city, not only b/c its residents live in three states: DC, MD, and VA, but also because of the overwhelming transitory nature of most of them. It is very well laid out toward the center, except for one interesting thing: lettered streets (A, B, C, D), when they reach I, are called "Eye" street. It took me a while to figure this out.

Also, there are very interesting stickers on the parking meters, encouraging citizens to pay for the privelage of parking. They read: "All may park, All must pay."

And I love the license plates.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gabriel- its maya from seattle- could you send me an email?
mgutierrez@schoolsoutwashington.org
i would like your advice about the east.
peace

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two previous posts are odd. The first thing Jared said this morning was "I miss Gabe and Lauren and Craig and Patricia." I agree.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home