On The Rhoads

A Chronicle of Gabe and Lauren's Journey from Coast to Coast, and beyond...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle to New York, WA to NY, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Trucking

We have been playing a momentum game with trucks in the hills. Since we are hauling so much weight, we cannot speed up very easily, and once we are going fast, we cannot slow down very easily. So, we find ourselves picking up speed on the downhill, and trying to keep it for the uphill stretches. The truckers driving beside us are doing exactly the same thing, and it is interesting to learn how they have to drive. For the kids: can anyone tell me what ‘momentum’ is?

We have not even been able to go the speed limit due to wind resistance in some places. I hear that on of the kids is worried that we are going too fast. I assure you that we are not, Corie! If I can find an online map of state speed limits across the nation, I’ll put it up.

Lastly, I finally stopped one of the classic Pacific Northwest long-style dump truck trailer combos to ask the driver why the trailer hitch is so long. I now know. Anyone curious?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SO CURIOUS!!!!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mega mega curious!!!!!!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long to we have to wait to find out?

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still waiting.....

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of trucking . . . What is this with multitudinous boxes arriving at our doorstep? The postman was not at all happy as he heaved them unto our porch. We thougt we moved you out years ago, Gabriel. What are these containers labeled G and L? Now a whole room devoted to the NYCers.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Well, those are the boxes that didn't fit into the truck. I'll tip the postman, and bring them up to NYC...

Maybe a total of 18 boxes? Ehh...

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home